One of the first things people often associate with Maine is lobster and for good reason. This coastal state is known as the largest producer of lobster in the country. There’s plenty of ways to enjoy this crustacean during your stay at Newagen Seaside Inn. When planning out your itinerary, be sure to leave time to explore the lobster trade and dining experiences in Boothbay Harbor and the surrounding towns.
Where to Get Up Close with Lobsters
While many people have seen lobsters ready to eat, not everyone can say they’ve seen them coming out of the waters. For a full Maine Lobster experience, go on a lobster trap haul with a local company like Cap’n Fish. For over 50 years, this cruise service has been teaching visitors about how lobsters are caught, traps are hauled, and about Maine’s lobster industry history.
See a working lobster dock at Boothbay Lobster Wharf. You’ll be able to see fishermen unload their daily catch as you dine on some of the freshest seafood around.
A Checklist of Where to Enjoy the Best Maine Lobster Dishes
From lobster rolls to lobster tails, there’s plenty of options for those looking to try this popular delicacy during their stay.
- The Pub at Newagen is a convenient spot to grab a lobster roll.
- You’ll be able to pick out your lobster when you dine at Boothbay Lobster Wharf.
- Since 1998, Kaler’s Lobster has been platting up lobster rolls, lobster BLTs, fried lobster platter, and more.
- Located in the heart of the historic waterfront, Shannon’s Unshelled is the only dedicated lobster shack in the area.
- See lobster boats off in the distance as you dine at Robinson’s Wharf, which utilizes lobster caught and picked daily.
Experience All Midcoast Maine Has to Offer
From watching lobster traps be hauled in to going on a whale watching tour, there are just some things that every visitor to Boothbay Harbor has to experience. Be close to all of this and more when you stay at Newagen Seaside Inn. Located on Southport island, there is plenty of fun to be had on our property after dining on delicious lobster dishes at a local restaurant. Before unwinding in your cozy accommodation, explore the nature trails, play a game of candle pin bowling, or take a dip in our saltwater pool. To learn more about booking your stay or about our various lodging options, call 207-633-5242.