As Newagen Seaside Inn gradually becomes covered in falling snow here in beautiful Boothbay Harbor, Maine, we start turning our attention to spring’s inevitable arrival. Some tourists may not realize that the best time to visit Midcoast Maine is during spring’s bloom. Summer is a tad warmer, and visiting during autumn is like living inside a colorful Winslow Homer painting, but a springtime getaway to one of the premier Boothbay Harbor hotels is second-to-none – and here’s why.
Reasons to Visit Boothbay Harbor
- Uncrowded Shops and Restaurants – Midcoast Maine is home to over a dozen quintessential small towns such as Boothbay Harbor, Wiscasset, and Bath. You won’t have to worry about making reservations at the area’s best restaurants and sailing adventures in the springtime.
- No Traffic Backups – If you’ve ever visited Newagen Seaside Inn, one of the best Boothbay Harbor hotels, during a peak season, you’re well aware of the area’s occasional traffic backups. Families that are traveling from Boston and surrounding areas can slow down the traffic flow – but not in the spring.
- Affordability – Spring is more affordable for travelers, no matter the destination. Nightly rates, flights, rental cars, adventure packages, and attractions all cost less during spring’s bloom.
- Whale Watching Season Returns – Whale watching in Maine is a popular seasonal attraction. Summer tours fill extremely fast. Spring is the perfect time of the year to witness these majestic beasts as they swim back into our cool waters.
- Flowers Are Starting to Bloom – Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens opens their doors on April 15. This peaceful, colorful paradise is one of the premier botanical gardens in New England.
- Lighthouse Boat Tours – Our stretch of coastline is home to dozens of spectacular Maine lighthouses, including Pemaquid Point, Seguin Island, and Burnt Island. There are many area boat tours, but they’re packed to the brim during summer and fall.
- Visit Puffin Colonies – Tourists have the rare opportunity to see live puffins in Maine through Cap’n Fish’s Cruises. Catch a glimpse of these adorable birds in late May before dozens of boat tours flock to these growing puffin colonies during June and July.
- Peaceful Hiking in Maine – As the trees begin to regain their leaves and the wildlife awakens, embark on a hiking expedition at Reid State Park, Popham Beach, or a nearby preserve.
- The Pub – Newagen Seaside Inn is home to one of the premier Boothbay Harbor restaurants: The Pub. Our menus consist of fresh and locally-sourced ingredients whenever possible, you never know what our talented culinary staff will be preparing this spring.
- Bonfire Season Arrives – Our seaside bonfires should be combined with a storyteller, acoustic guitar, and roasted marshmallows under the stars.
Boothbay Harbor Hotels
Spring may seem like a long way off, but it’s wise to lock in accommodations, flights, or rental cars before rates begin to rise gradually. Give us a call today at 1-800-654-5242 or visit our website to learn more about our peaceful slice of Midcoast Maine. We cannot wait to welcome you to the State of Unwind.