No family vacation to beautiful Midcoast Maine is complete without authentic New England-style fare. Our picturesque stretch of Coastal Maine is known for its seemingly never-ending array of lobster shacks, gourmet seafood restaurants, and oceanfront pubs. Luckily for our guests, Newagen Seaside Inn is home to one of the premier Boothbay Harbor restaurants: The Pub. The Pub’s sizable outdoor deck overlooks our expansive lawn down to the tip of Cape Newagen and the Atlantic Ocean. Newagen Seaside Inn has become an ultra-popular mid-summer family getaway thanks to our fine dining, weekly lobster bakes, and evening storytellers, s’mores and campfires. Here are five of our favorite meals at one of the only Southport Island hotels.
Top 5 Meals at Newagen Seaside Inn
- Lobster Bakes – Guests who venture to the tip of Cape Newagen on Southport Island, the area’s pristine hidden gem in Midcoast Maine, during the summer months can gather and enjoy Tuesday Lobster Bakes. Join us every Tuesday in July and August at 5:30 p.m. for an authentic Maine lobster bake on our front lawn. This crowd-pleasing event features daily caught Maine lobster, mussels, corn on the cob, and potatoes all steamed in seaweed. We’re impatiently counting the days for our season opener lobster bake on July 2nd. To ensure you don’t miss out this season, call us at 1-207-633-5242 to make reservations beforehand.
- Scallops – Let’s head back inside to The Pub for a beautifully-presented plate of pan-seared sea scallops, served over a bed of saffron risotto in a citrus beurre blanc sauce. In-between the perfectly-cooked scallops is a mound of broccoli rabe. Pair this authentic Coastal Maine meal with a glass of award-winning vino from our hand-selected wine list.
- Surf and Turf – The surf and turf, as you might expect, is one of our heartiest meals here at The Pub, one of the best Boothbay Harbor restaurants. It’s uncommon to discover a surf and turf recipe that includes both a succulent filet mignon and pan-seared scallops. These two delicacies are paired with a parsnip and potato mash, cooked carrots, and crisp asparagus, with a bright port wine demi glaze.
- Haddock – Baked haddock is an authentic New England dish, as it’s only found in the North Atlantic Ocean. Our baked haddock is seasoned and baked to perfection and paired with scalloped potatoes, broccolini, and our signature citrus beurre blanc sauce.
- Lobster Roll – Tourists from across the globe visit Maine for our beautiful state parks and beaches, world-class sailing, whale watching, and, of course, our award-winning lobster rolls. Nearly all Boothbay Harbor restaurants feature a lobster roll on their menu, and The Pub is no different. Fresh-picked Maine lobster meat is stuffed into a brioche roll. Here at The Pub, you can order your roll chilled (Maine-style) with fresh herb mayo or warm (Connecticut-style) with drawn butter.
Boothbay Harbor Restaurants
Newagen Seaside Inn is one of the only oceanfront hotels in Maine that holds weekly lobster bakes, nightly campfires, and plenty of activities for all ages. Spring is just around the corner – the best season of the year for hiking, sailing, and whale watching in Maine. Give us a call today at 1-207-633-5242 or visit us online to learn why Newagen Seaside Inn is widely considered one of the best places to visit in Maine.